Hey there, Hi there, Ho there,
Big news, no Ski Club meeting for February!!!!! With so many people being in Snowmass it is best to wait till March. Like myself, we will have to do the best we can.
THE GOOD STUFF
We all know the thrill of fresh powder, the exhilaration of a good turn, and the camaraderie of sharing the slopes with friends. But unfortunately, injuries are also a part of the lift ticket that we buy when we ski.
Mammoth was the great equalizer to some of us that went on the trip and if anyone is currently sidelined with a knock or a break, this newsletter is for you.
First things first, with the short-range plan: Healing vibes your way! We know it's frustrating to be out of the action, but rest assured that your body will work hard to recover. Take this time to listen to your doctor, follow your rehab plan, and be kind to yourself. Remember, a full recovery is worth the wait.
Secondly, the long-range plan: go about getting in the best shape ever after you heal. Find a gym or join the YMCA and make yourself a new person. 2025 ski season is less than a year away.
While you're on the mend, there are plenty of ways to stay connected to the ski community and keep your ski jones/stoke alive. Here are a few ideas:
- Become a virtual cheerleader: Follow your favorite ski resorts and athletes on social media. Cheer them on from the sidelines and relive the epic moments of the season.
- Brush up on your skills: Watch instructional videos, read technique articles, and even take online courses to improve your knowledge for your next run.
- Plan your next adventure: Research new destinations, dream up powder lines, and get excited about hitting the slopes again. Definitely book a trip for next season!
- Connect with fellow injured skiers: Share your experiences, offer support, and find inspiration in online communities or forums dedicated to ski injuries. You're not alone in this!
- Focus on other activities: While you can't ski, you can still stay active. Cross-training exercises like swimming, biking, or yoga can help you maintain your fitness level and keep your spirits high.
Remember, an injury is just a temporary setback. Use this time to recharge, refocus, and come back stronger than ever. We'll be here waiting for you when you're ready to hit the slopes again!
In the meantime, this newsletter will be your one-stop shop for news, inspiration, and support for injured skiers.
In the meantime, take care and keep your spirits high.
Joke of the month:
Did you hear about the man who lost his left arm and leg in a skiing accident?
He ended up being all right !!!!!!!
See you soon,